Growers' Market & Arts and Crafts Fair
The next market will be held on Saturday, December 14, 2013, from 10:00 A.M. - Noon
6718 Rio Grande Boulevard NW, Los Ranchos, NM 87107 in the tennis court parking lot
- Holiday Cheer tradition of complimentary cookies and hot beverages - stop by and wish the Mayor and others Happy Holidays!
- Gift baskets, stocking stuffers
- Jericho will have wreathes, trees, and holiday plants
- Book signings
- Business Spotlights: Joliesse Chocolates, Kelly Jo Designs and Jillipeppers
- Los Ranchos 4-H Club will hold their annual fundraiser - selling ornaments and other handmade items
- Great local produce and products
- Nancy's Jams and Jellies: Taking orders for jams/jellies: email@example.com, 505-345-7117
- Geri's Catering: tamales, posole and baked goods: firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-459-4030
- Jeffrey's (Hand to Mouth Foods) sweet and savory pastries: eat email@example.com, 505-265-5991
- Randy's (Little Ranch Creamery) pies and ice creams: firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-897-2197
- Cravin' Cookies: email@example.com, 505-298-2597
- Old Windmill Dairy: goat cheeses, firstname.lastname@example.org, 384-0033
- Corrales Chile: blue corn products, email@example.com, 505-314-6391
Music by Rob Roman
Market Vendor Specials Could Include:
- John and Barbara: lamb, wool products, 4 varieties or arugula, napa cabbage, oriental cabbage, chard, collard greens, endive, mixed greens, beets, radishes, cilantro, boo choi, spinach
- Fishhuggers: beef and salmon
- Sunchokes: Mary Moses and August
- Lewandowski: carrots, potatoes, onions, and leeks
- Root Cellar Farms: parsnips, rutabagas
- Dried flower arrangements, paper white and amaryllis
Many of the vendors will have holiday gift boxes, and specials for your holiday giving including stocking stuffers.
- Corrales chile will have blue corn ornaments and gift baskets
- Joliesse Chocolates - yummy chocolates!
- Jillipepper salsas
- Luque Bison sauces
- Soaps, cards, ornaments, lavender packages, dried herb mixes, pottery and more!
Despite the cold weather, there is still a lot of choices of fresh, local produce and products. Market tables feature fresh, local produce with great selection and quantities including assorted greens, micro greens, brussels sprouts, potatoes, beets, radishes, onions, carrots, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, edible flowers, fresh herbs, eggs, pecans, jams/jellies, goat cheese, lamb, grass-fed beef, Luque bison meat sauce, various breads and pastries, cheese, honey, biscotti, tartlets, home-made granola, pesto, pintos, and more. Also forced bulbs, seasonal plants, herb plants, house plants, dried herbs, culinary herbal mixes, burritos, pastries, hot coffee, and much more!
Arts and Crafters
Colorful yard art made from recycled materials, bird houses, walking canes, wind chimes, benches. Wide variety of jewelry, spa soaps, lotions and candles. Original T-Shirts, women and little girl clothing, handbags; scarves that are knitted, tie-dyed or embroidered. Traditional tin work, decorative and functional pottery, tiles, carved gourds, stained glass, watercolors, mosaic tables. Fabric projects and work done with wool felt. Greeting cards, origami, detailed paper-cuts; all handmade by NM artists.
Upcoming Winter Markets: January - April, 2nd Saturday of the Month, 10am-Noon
- Saturday, January 11, 2014, 10am - noon
- Saturday, February 8, 2014, 10am - noon
- Saturday, March 8, 2014, 10am - noon
- Saturday, April 12, 2014, 10am - noon
WINTER MARKETS ARE THE SECOND SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH FROM 10:00 A.M. - NOON, STARTING WITH SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14 . Winter Markets will be held in the parking lot. In case of inclement weather, the markets will be held in the barn...just steps away.
The Los Ranchos Growers' and Arts/Crafts Market has been operating every season since 1992. For vendors who would like to participate in the 2014 season:
- Growers: Contact Sue Brawley at 890-2799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts/Crafts: Contact Josie Mohr or Rita Ryan at the market, or visit the website at www.losranchosartsandcrafts.com
- Facebook: Get the latest information about the Los Ranchos Growers' Market by becoming a fan on Facebook.
The market’s regular season is from May through mid-November. Hours are 7:00 A.M. – Noon between May – August. Hours are 8:00 A.M. – Noon between September – mid-November.
The market’s winter season is the second Saturday of the month and is from 10:00 A.M. - Noon. Please visit the Village’s calendar, refer to the posted signs at the Growers’ Market, pick-up a Los Ranchos Village Vision Magazine, or see the contact information above if you would like more information.
This wonderful event is sponsored by Affordable Solar, Village of Los Ranchos, 770 KKOB News Radio, the Weekly Alibi and the New Mexico Farmers' Markets. A great local resource is the Middle Rio Grande Council of Governments Agriculture Collaborative.
Map to Market
*Markets will be held outdoors unless there is bad weather then the markets will be in the community barn.