Growers' Market & Arts and Crafts Fair
The next market will be held on Saturday, May 3, 2014, from 7:00 A.M. - Noon
6718 Rio Grande Boulevard NW, Los Ranchos, NM 87107 in the tennis court parking lot
This is a great time to pick up locally grown bedding plants (flowers, veggies and herbs) and seasonal color spots. We've certainly had great weather lately. Technically the average last frost date is April 15th, but some areas around here with different micro-climates have had snow and cold weather as late as mid-May. Vegetable and flower bedding plants can be planted with season extenders (row-cover, water walls, etc.), or in a sheltered place such as a warm courtyard.
What Vendor's Have:
Plant starts, healthy local produce, and food products!
- Mason's: tomato plants and various others including, bell pepper, Jalapeño, basil, parsley, cilantro, etc.
- Hand2Mouth: salad mix, stir fry greens, peas, bunching onions, bread and delicious savory and sweet goodies; Selected plant starts: Tomatoes, Tomatillos, Peppers, Artichokes, Cardoon, Edible Flowers, Herbs, Brussels sprouts, Broccoli, Cabbage, and whatever else is ready!!
- Nelson: lettuce, chard, collard greens, spicy greens, kales, chard, and lamb
- Hollyhock Farms: chard, salad mix, and spinach
- Lewandowski: Carrots, radishes, greens, spring onions and leeks, tomato starts
- Jericho: color spots, onion starts
- Brady: cacti and succulants
Music by Rob Roman
Los Ranchos Boy Scout Troop #9
The Los Ranchos Boy Scout Troop #9 will be on hand to answer any questions and give out information.
Market tables feature fresh, local produce with great selection and quantities including peas, assorted greens, micro greens, sorrel, radishes, carrots, onions, leeks, edible flowers, fresh herbs, eggs, pecans, jams/jellies, lamb, grass-fed beef, various breads, pastries, honey, biscotti, tartlets, home-made granola, pintos, seasonal plants, plant starts, herb plants, house plants, dried herbs, culinary herbal mixes, burritos, pastries, hot coffee, and more!
Arts and Crafters
Arts and crafters feature creative and unique gifts including colorful yard art made from recycled materials, bird houses, walking canes, wind chimes, benches. There is a wide variety of jewelry, spa soaps, lotions and candles. You'll also find original T-Shirts, women and little girl clothing, handbags; scarves that are knitted, tie-dyed or embroidered. There is also traditional tin work, decorative and functional pottery, tiles, carved gourds, stained glass, watercolors, mosaic tables. You'll find fabric projects and work done with wool felt. Greeting cards, origami, detailed paper-cuts; all handmade by NM artists.
- MAY 3: First regular market of the season / ARCA Annual Plant Sale / National Herb Week featuring herb tea sampling by certified herbalist, Allison Alterman
- MAY 10: Mothers' Day Special
- MAY 17: Salmon and Greens Annual Event; Adobe Wool Arts Rug Hooking demo; Wildlife Rescue Information; Emergency Preparedness Info
- MAY 24: Annual Canine Celebration produced by the Sandia Obedience Club
Winter Markets will be held in the parking lot. In case of inclement weather, the markets will be held in the barn...just steps away.
The Los Ranchos Growers' and Arts/Crafts Market has been operating every season since 1992. For vendors who would like to participate in the 2014 season:
- Growers: Contact Sue Brawley at 890-2799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts/Crafts: Contact Josie Mohr or Rita Ryan at the market, or visit the website at www.losranchosartsandcrafts.com
- Facebook: Get the latest information about the Los Ranchos Growers' Market by becoming a fan on Facebook.
Market Regular Season
The market’s regular season starts May 3rd! It runs from May through mid-November. Hours are 7:00 A.M. – Noon between May – August. Hours are 8:00 A.M. – Noon between September – mid-November.
Market Winter Season
The market’s winter season is the second Saturday of the month and is from 10:00 A.M. - Noon. Please visit the Village’s calendar, refer to the posted signs at the Growers’ Market, pick-up a Los Ranchos Village Vision Magazine, or see the contact information above if you would like more information.
This wonderful event is sponsored by Affordable Solar, Village of Los Ranchos, 770 KKOB News Radio, the Weekly Alibi and the New Mexico Farmers' Markets. A great local resource is the Middle Rio Grande Council of Governments Agriculture Collaborative.
The market now accepts WIC/Senior Checks
Map to Market
*Markets will be held outdoors unless there is bad weather then the markets will be in the community barn.