Growers' Market & Arts and Crafts Fair
The next market will be held on Saturday, March 14, 2015, from 10:00 A.M. - Noon
6718 Rio Grande Boulevard NW, Los Ranchos, NM 87107, in the tennis court parking lot
Winter Market Schedule
Winter Markets are the second Saturday of each month from 10am-Noon.
February is National Heart Month
The Growers' Market is the perfect place to get heart-healthy local produce and food products. Some examples include:
- Moses: arugula, sunchokes, dried apples
- Kostner: lots of greens
- Hollyhock Farm: salad mix
- Pecans de Lucero: fresh crop pecans
- Green Growler Smoothies: beet n berry smoothie, a new smoothie to add to their delicious varieties
- Nelson: kales, carrots, misc greens and lamb
- Lewandowski: carrots, onions, greens and leeks
As Valentine's Day Approaches...
- TLC will have a steaks available for Valentine's Day
- Randy will have a selection of pies and other goodies
- Nancy has award winning jams and jellies - try the green chile on cream cheese
- Select one of Kathleen's unique cards and gifts, or Josie's paper-cut cards or new earrings
- Rita has bowls, Ikebana Vases, cracker trays and other items, many glazed RED special for Valentine's Day gifts
- Kevin has an assortment of soy candles
Music by Rob Roman
Despite the weather, there is still a lot of choices of fresh, local produce and products including:
Assorted greens, micro greens, leeks, onions, garlic, carrots, sun chokes, edible flowers, fresh herbs, eggs, pecans, comb honey, smoothies, jams/jellies, lamb, grass-fed beef, various breads and pastries, cheese, honey, biscotti, tartlets, homemade granola, pintos, and more. Also seasonal plants, herb plants, house plants, dried herbs, culinary herbal mixes, burritos, pastries, hot coffee, and more!
Arts and Crafters
Arts and crafters feature creative and unique gifts including colorful yard art made from recycled materials, bird houses, walking canes, wind chimes, benches, steel flowers. Wide variety of jewelry, spa soaps, lotions and candles. Original T-Shirts, women and little girl clothing, handbags; scarves that are knitted, tie-dyed or embroidered. Traditional tin work, decorative and functional pottery, tiles, carved gourds, stained glass, watercolors, mosaic tables. Fabric projects and work done with wool felt. Greeting cards, origami, detailed paper-cuts; all handmade by NM artists.
Winter Market Schedule: 2nd Saturday of the Month, 10am-Noon
- Saturday, March 14, 10am-noon -- Luck of the Irish
- Saturday, April 11, 10am-noon -- Swing into Spring
Winter Markets will be held in the parking lot. In case of inclement weather, the markets will be held in the barn...just steps away.
The Los Ranchos Growers' and Arts/Crafts Market has been operating every season since 1992. For vendors who would like to participate in the 2014 season:
- Growers: Contact Sue Brawley at 890-2799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts/Crafts: Contact Josie Mohr or Rita Ryan at the market, or visit the website at www.losranchosartsandcrafts.com
- Facebook: Get the latest information about the Los Ranchos Growers' Market by becoming a fan on Facebook.
Market Regular Season
The market’s regular season starts May 3rd! It runs from May through mid-November. Hours are 7:00 A.M. – Noon between May – August. Hours are 8:00 A.M. – Noon between September – mid-November.
Market Winter Season
The market’s winter season is the second Saturday of the month and is from 10:00 A.M. - Noon. Please visit the Village’s calendar, refer to the posted signs at the Growers’ Market, pick-up a Los Ranchos Village Vision Magazine, or see the contact information above if you would like more information.
This wonderful event is sponsored by Village of Los Ranchos, 770 KKOB News Radio, the Weekly Alibi and the New Mexico Farmers' Markets. A great local resource is the Middle Rio Grande Council of Governments Agriculture Collaborative.
The market now accepts WIC/Senior Checks
Map to Market
*Markets will be held outdoors unless there is bad weather then the markets will be in the community barn.